A cyber liability policy protects your business against data losses caused by cyber-attacks, viruses, and other threats. It also covers lawsuits against your company that result from data breaches or your failure to protect sensitive information that belongs to someone else.
What does cyber insurance cover?
- Besides legal fees and expenses, cyber insurance typically helps with:
- Notifying customers about a data breach
- Restoring personal identities of affected customers
- Recovering compromised data
- Repairing damaged computer systems